The freshmen parking policy will be strictly followed during the 2021-2022 Academic Year. Generally, no exceptions to this policy will be granted based on COVID-19 concerns.
Resident freshmen must petition for the possession and/or responsibility of motor vehicles prior to bringing them onto campus by writing to:
Parking and Transportation Services
621 Skytop Road
Syracuse, NY 13244
or emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Permission to operate a motor vehicle on campus may be granted at the discretion of the Director of Parking and Transportation Services if:
- The student has a disability that requires the student to use a motor vehicle, as attested to by Syracuse University Health Services. (Please note: if parking is needed for more than 30 days, a state issued handicap placard is required.)
- The student is a commuter and resides outside of Syracuse University’s bus service boundaries, including those operated by Centro.
- The student is employed off campus (which must be certified in writing by the employer on company letterhead) and the motor vehicle is required for the performance of the employee’s duties. The employment must be in the local Syracuse area. A current pay stub will be required. The employment must be outside of Centro’s bus service boundaries to be considered for the exception.
- The student is participating in a University-accredited program off campus (which must be certified in writing by the appropriate Dean on department letterhead) and the motor vehicle is required for the performance of the student’s duties.
- The student is married and living with his/her spouse in an area not serviced by Centro.