Online permit sales for Spring 2022 will begin on Monday, January 10, 2022 at 9AM.
All student permits for the 2021-2022 permit year will be available for pick up on/or after Thursday, January 20, 2022. Please bring your SUID card or Identification AND your Vehicle Registration with you at the time of pickup.
Students must pick up their permits by Friday, February 4, 2022 or the space will be surrendered. That space will then be awarded to those on the wait lists. Full refunds will be processed via the original payment method.
The parking office will be open the following hours during Winter Welcome Weekend: Saturday, January 22, Noon to 4 p.m. and Sunday, January 23 Noon to 4 p.m.
To determine if and where you are eligible to purchase a permit, please see the 2021-2022 Student-Lot Criteria/Fees.
Please review this important information before you proceed:
- If bringing a vehicle to campus, a permit must be purchased for the entire duration parking is needed to secure a space. The permit year for student parking permits for 2021-2022 ends Monday, August 15, 2022.
- Permits are required for all campus lots 24 hours a day. All students operating vehicles on campus are required to have a valid permit hanging from the vehicle’s rear-view mirror. Those without permits are subject to being ticketed and/or towed.
- Only areas with space available will be offered online for purchase. Students may place themselves on the waiting list for any area for which they qualify by clicking the right arrow until you see the “manage waitlists” option appear. Due to demand and volume, we cannot guarantee a placement from the waitlists. If space becomes available, we will contact you via email. Parking lots or garages requiring specific housing will not be granted to those who do not meet the housing criteria. If you plan on parking in a University-owned lot, during the day or evening, you must purchase a permit.
- All students, including commuter students, with a valid permit may use any orange lot after 4:30 p.m. and on weekends, except during Dome events. These lots include Comstock Ave Garage (when an attendant is present, then the garage will lockdown), College Place lot, Harrison lot, Henry lot, Irving Ave Hill lot, Ostrom lot, Raynor Ave lot, Standart West lot, University Ave North lot, University Ave South lot, Women’s Building North lot, Women’s Building South lot, Manley North and South lots (Manley Field House) South Campus Housing lots or Skytop lot.
- Upon return of the permit, a refund will be computed based on the weekly rates, less any outstanding violation balance. Student fall permit refunds will not be given after Oct. 15. Student spring and academic permit refunds will not be given after March 15. Full summer and full-year permit refunds will not be given after June 15.
Students may place themselves on a wait-list for the preferred lot, for which they qualify. Please note, by being on the wait-list, you are not guaranteed a parking spot. If bringing a vehicle to campus, a permit must be purchased for the entire duration parking is needed to secure a space. If notified that there is a space available from the wait-list, the current permit will need to be brought back to the office for exchange and pay accordingly for the new spot.
All students NOT living in Syracuse University housing are considered commuter students. Commuter students are eligible to purchase either a permit in the Henry lot, Standart West lot, Harrison lot, Manley North and South lots (Manley Field House), or Skytop. Additional selections for graduate students include Irving Ave Garage (except for first-year Law students), Lawrinson Garage, or the University Ave Garage.
Students may place themselves on a wait-list for the preferred lot, for which they qualify. Please note, by being on the waitlist, you are not guaranteed a parking spot. If bringing a vehicle to campus, a permit must be purchased for the entire duration parking is needed to secure your space. If notified that there is a space available from the waitlist, the current permit will need to be brought back to the office for exchange and pay accordingly for the new spot.
All students, including evening commuter students that have a valid parking permit may take advantage of our orange lots after 4:30 p.m. and on weekends, except during Dome events These lots include Comstock Ave Garage (when an attendant is present, then the garage will lockdown), College Place Lot, Harrison lot, Henry lot, Irving Ave Hill lot, Ostrom lot, Raynor Ave lot, Standart West lot, University Ave North lot, University Ave South lot, Women’s Building North lot , Women’s Building South lot, Manley North and South lots (Manley Field House) South Campus Housing lots or Skytop lot.
Graduate, Teaching, or Research Assistantships
Discounted rates are applied only for academic-year or full-year permit purchases and offered to those with a graduate assistantship, teaching assistantship, or research assistantship. Please make sure a permit is purchased to secure a space for both semesters, as space sells quickly! Please note that permits purchased will be at the full price rate.
A complete copy of the assistantship contract, including the signed signature page, must then be provided to the Office of Parking and Transportation Services. These Rates Only Apply to Graduate Student Assistantships.
After review, discounts will be given to those who qualify for academic or full-year assistantship contracts. (Permits pre-purchased and charged to the Bursar account, or to be payroll deducted, can be easily adjusted if the discount is to be applied. Permits pre-purchased by credit card payment will be adjusted after contacting the student for their credit card information if the discount is to be applied). If contracts are given by semester only, then both the fall and spring contracts would need to be provided to Parking and Transportation Services in order to then receive an academic assistantship discount in the spring.
Discounts will not be applied to those pending or expecting an assistantship.
Permits purchased for Manley, Skytop, South Campus, or Evening Orange, do not qualify for the discount.
First-year resident students are not permitted to have a vehicle on campus. Please reference the first-year parking policy for further information.
Please email or mail to:
Syracuse University Parking and Transportation Services
621 Skytop Road/Suite 190
Syracuse, New York 13244-5300
Park Point and Campus West Apartment Residents
Residents must submit a student application. There is a limited amount of reserved spaces in surrounding locations for these residents, the specific areas will be listed on an information sheet provided at your residence facility. Clearly indicate on the application that you are a resident of Park Point or Campus West, select for the entire time you need parking. Space is assigned on a first come first serve basis following the sales schedule listed above.
Campus West: Henry Street Lot, Standart West Lot, and Brewster Boland Garage
Park Point: Adams Street Garage, Comstock Ave Garage, and University Ave Garage
Graduate students residing at these locations will also have the option to purchase a permit online through the MySlice platform the same as other graduate students, however not all the special reserved spaces for your residence will be offered on line, they are only offered by submitting a student application form to qualify.
Park and Ride
Students may purchase a park and ride permit for the Manley Field House and Skytop parking lots for a nominal fee. There is a free shuttle bus service between Manley, Skytop, and main campus.
Student motorcycle permits are sold in the Parking and Transportation Services office ONLY. Motorcycle registration is required. Please contact the Parking and Transportation Services office at 315.443.4652 with questions.
“Winter Break Storage”
Parking and Transportation Services offers winter break vehicle storage in certain garages and at the Skytop parking lot. This service is available beginning the week of fall semester finals through the first day of classes in January for the spring semester. Please contact Parking and Transportation Services firstname.lastname@example.org or 315.443.4652 for more information, including pricing and garage availability.