Employees may renew their parking permits through MySlice* in late June. Employees will be notified when the portal has been activated to renew their permit. The Parking and Transportation Services permit portal link is under the other employee services tab.
Please take a moment to review the important highlights below:
- In order to park on campus, you will need a valid permit.
- Due to the abrupt changes in on-campus work during the first half of 2020, Parking and Transportation Services will process a credit toward the purchase of fiscal year 2020-2021 or 2021-2022 parking permits for those who did not work on campus during the COVID-19 shutdown. This credit will only be available towards a parking permit for the 2020-2021 or 2021-2022 fiscal years, is non-transferable, has no cash value, and expires on June 1, 2022.
- Parking and Transportation Services, in partnership with the Office of Budget and Planning and leaders in the Business, Finance and Administrative Services division, have determined no further parking credits will be given for fiscal year 2020-2021 or fiscal year 2021-2022 permits. Please know this decision was not made lightly, and numerous factors were considered:
- Employees have the option to delay renewing their permit until they return to campus and will be charged a prorated amount from that day through the end of the 2020-2021 fiscal year.
- Delaying permit renewal for the 2020-2021 fiscal year will not affect garage/lot location status. If you do not purchase a permit now, your location preference will be reserved throughout the 2020-2021 fiscal year and will be available for purchase for the 2021-2022 fiscal year.
- Employees working from home are incurring cost savings by not traveling to and from campus daily.
- Full-time faculty and staff who typically work a flexible schedule during the week pay full rates, regardless of the number of days they actually come to campus. When they work on campus, they may park at the University at any time.
- Parking rates are maintained to manage demand and availability, while also considering annual operating costs and maintenance for the University community and guests.
- Parking is available for faculty and staff by assignment in various locations on campus. Assignments are based on titles, years of service to the University, on a space available basis, and payment of the applicable permit fee. Permits are valid from August 1 through July 31 each year. To determine if and where you are eligible to purchase a permit, please see the 2021 – 2022 employee lot assignment criteria.
*If you cannot purchase your parking permit through the MySlice portal, please visit our office or submit the employee renewal parking application.