All members of the Syracuse University community must register and pay the applicable fee to Parking Services for the vehicle they operate on campus.
A registered vehicle does not permit members of the registrant’s family or friends to operate the registered vehicle in like manner if they are not qualified to do so.
It is the responsibility of all individuals who operate or maintain vehicles on the Syracuse University campus to be aware of the Parking Rules and Regulations and to abide by them.
The action of any individual operating a vehicle on campus is deemed to be conclusive evidence of his or her acceptance of, and willingness to abide, by these regulations.
Prerequisites for Parking Registration
The following prerequisites must be met before an individual may register with Parking Services:
- The applicant and the vehicle to be registered must meet all legal requirements for operation within New York State.
- The motor vehicle to be registered must be owned or operated by the applicant or a member of his or her immediate family.
- There must be no unpaid University-imposed violation charges against the applicant.
- A valid SU I.D. or class schedule must be shown upon purchase and/or pick up.
- Student permit applicants must be of sophomore, junior, or senior class standing or higher. Freshmen students, please read the First-Year Student Parking Policy.
Proper Display of Parking Permits
- Parking permits are issued to the individual registering the vehicle and are not transferable to any other person or vehicle.
- All motorcycle/moped permits must be affixed to the left-front shock so as to be clearly visible.
- All hanging permits must be clearly displayed facing forward from the rearview mirror or placed face – up on the dashboard on the driver’s side.
- Registration is not valid unless a current registration decal is properly displayed on the vehicle.
- All outdated Syracuse University parking tags must be removed. Failure to comply with this regulation is considered to “Improper Display of Decal” and will result in a charge.
- The registrant of any vehicle is responsible for the decal on his or her vehicle. If the vehicle registered is sold or removed from campus, the decal must be removed or the registrant will be held responsible for any citations received on the vehicle.
- The registrant of any vehicle is responsible for notifying Parking and Transit Services of any changes that occur throughout the course of the year in the vehicle parking registration information. This includes accurate: license plate information, make, model, color, and year. The registrant must remove the old permit and bring it to Parking Services to avoid a replacement fee.
- All permits remain the property of Syracuse University and may be reclaimed at any time.