Resident freshmen must petition for the possession and/or responsibility of motor vehicles prior to bringing them onto campus by writing to:
Parking and Transit Services, 621 Skytop Road, Syracuse, NY 13244 or emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Permission to operate a motor vehicle on campus may be granted at the discretion of the Director of Parking and Transit Services if:
- The student has a disability that requires the student to use a motor vehicle, as attested to by Syracuse University Health Services. (Please note: if parking is needed for more than 30 days, a state issued handicap placard is required.)
- The student is a commuter and resides outside of Syracuse University’s bus service boundaries, including those operated by Centro and Birnie Bus.
- The student is employed off campus (which must be certified in writing by the employer on company letterhead) and the motor vehicle is required for the performance of the employee’s duties. A current pay stub will be required.
- The student is participating in a University-accredited program off campus (which must be certified in writing by the appropriate Dean on department letterhead) and the motor vehicle is required for the performance of the student’s duties.
- The student is married and living with his/her spouse in an area not serviced by Centro and/or Birnie Bus.