As a result of a transfer of services from Birnie Bus to Centro, several bus routes servicing off-campus locations have new numbers. The new route numbers will be seen on the front of Centro buses beginning Aug. 19.
The following are the Fall 2019 Centro route numbers and the corresponding discontinued Birnie Bus route numbers:
- SU145 – James St/Westcott St (new); #33 James/E. Genesee (discontinued)
- SU245 – Nob Hill (New fare-free zone service) (new); #31 Nob Hill (discontinued)
- SU240 – Nob Hill (Now in fare-free zone) (new)
- SU243 – East Campus (new); #35 East Campus (discontinued)
- SU443X – Connective Corridor Express – College Place/Warehouse (new); #39D Warehouse Express Direct (discontinued)
The decision to switch service from Birnie Bus to Centro also means that students utilizing these routes will board at the main College Place bus stop, instead of at the designated Birnie Bus area further down College Place at the side of Lyman Hall.
For more information, visit news.syr.edu.